Are you ready for the next level in lightning protection?
To reduce the amount of unnecessary losses due to lightning damage.
To bridge the gap between cutting edge, peer-reviewed science and industry standards.
To provide information on physically invalid claims and false advertising in the lightning protection industry
Modern Tools and Strategies to Minimize Lightning Damage
Lightning Electrotechnologies Inc was established on September 19th 2008 with the intention of acting as the primary operations-company in the campaign to commercialise the revolutionary lightning protection technologies developed by Expodev Inc. Expodev Inc is an Electrical Engineering Consultation firm, which was founded in 1984 by Dr. Farouk A.M Rizk.
A partial client list covering both technical consultation and delivery of lightning protection equipment includes:
SONELGAS (Algeria), INRS-Energie (Canada), Manitoba Hydro (Canada), SNC Lavalin (Canada), EEHC (Egypt), EdF International (France), AEG (Frankfurt, Germany), ABB Schaltanlagen (Mannheim, Germany), National Grid Company (India), National Electricity Company (Jordan), TNB Research (Malaysia), IIE/ CFE (Mexico), KFUPM (Saudi Arabia), ESKOM (South Africa), KEPCO (South Korea), Moog (USA), Next Era Energy (USA), Oxy (USA), Parsons (USA), Peregrine Petroleum (USA)
Laboratory Validation of Streamer Inhibiting Electrode, HVDC Fields
Introducing the world’s best lightning rod, the scientifically based Field Sensitive Air Terminal or FSAT
Lightning Protection for Fibreglass Tanks
A demonstration of the mechanism which is a principal cause of lightning protection system failures
Lightning Protection for Fiberglass Tanks (Saltwater Disposal Sites)
Serious Technical Problems with Lightning Protection Standard, NFPA 780, Part 1, Nonconducting Tanks
Analysis of Lake Charles Lightning Related Tank Fire Video June, 2023
The Embedded Ground Conductor
Lightning Electrotechnologies provides lightning protection solutions based in peer-reviewed science:
- F-SAT, Field Sensitive Air Terminal. A high efficiency lightning rod for high-risk areas. F-SATs can be used as part of conventional NFPA compliant systems.
- Electromagnetic (EM) Shield for Fiberglass Tanks. A scientifically based solution for lightning related fires in fiberglass tanks.
- Toroidal Streamer Inhibitors. A revolutionary, silent, streamer free electrode that produces corona space charge in the glow mode (no visible/audible discharges, no radio interference). An air terminal that inhibits the formation of upward leaders in its vicinity and thus reduces the risk of a direct lightning strike.
- Streamer Inhibiting Conductors. An overhead ground wire that produces corona or space charge in the glow mode. A conductor that inhibits the formation of leaders in its vicinity and thus reduces the risk of a lightning strike.
- Streamer Inhibiting Down-Conductors. A down conductor to be used in applications such as the down-conductor of a wind turbine blade. A conductor that inhibits the formation of streamers/leaders from inside that blade and thus enhances the reliability of the receptors.